Cure Research for Coronary heart disease
Research list: The list of research areas and treatments under analysis mentioned in various sources for Coronary heart disease includes:
- Laser angioplasty
- Artery stent
Research discussion: Several experimental catheter-surgical procedures for unblocking coronary arteries are under study; their safety and effectiveness have not yet been established. They include:
- Atherectomy, a procedure in which surgeons shave off thin strips of the plaque blocking the artery and remove these strips.
- Laser angioplasty; instead of using a balloon to open up the blocked artery, doctors insert a catheter with a laser tip that burns or breaks down the plaque.
- Insertion of a stent, a metal coil that can be permanently implanted in a narrowed part of an artery to keep it propped open.
Medical research for Coronary heart disease: medical news summaries: The following medical news items are relevant to medical research for Coronary heart disease:
- Daytime sleepiness in elderly may be early symptom of heart problems
- Gender-specific health differences need further examination
- High blood pressure may be improved by meditation
- Inherited high cholesterol may be subdued by omega-3 fat
- Oral estrogen directly increases the risk of ovarian cancer
1. excerpt from NHLBI, coronary heart disease: NHLBI
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center