Why does HealthGrades need my personal information?
In order to provide our Users with a more personalized, relevant, and intelligent service, HealthGrades regularly makes improvements to this Site. The collection of personal data greatly assists HealthGrades in this improvement process by identifying the interests and needs of the many Users to this Site. Data collection also assists HealthGrades by allowing it and its affiliates to advertise its products and/or services in a more efficient manner.
Although HealthGrades' primary goal in collecting personal information is to deliver a customized and personalized service to you, HealthGrades may also use the personal information it collects to (i) send Users e-mail notification of new features or information available through the Site or that HealthGrades otherwise feels might be of interest to Users of this Site and (ii) allow third party advertisers and retailers, and their affiliates, offering goods or services that HealthGrades thinks might be of interest to Users of this Site to deliver to you relevant information and offers. HealthGrades also collects IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and others.
How and what information does HealthGrades gather or track?
Through the use of "cookies" (as described below) and on-line data entry, survey, product purchase and registration forms, HealthGrades may collect and/or monitor, in aggregate and individual form, personal identifying facts or data on, among other things, the following information:
HealthGrades gathers most of the personal information it collects on its Users during an initial voluntary registration process. Although some of the personal identifying information is necessary for HealthGrades to deliver some of its valuable services, all of the personal information collected is optional with respect to use of this Site. Accordingly, Users can determine to a large extent what information they wish to submit on a voluntary basis to HealthGrades.
In addition to the initial voluntary registration process, HealthGrades occasionally asks Users for personal information at other times, including when they complete optional survey forms or fill out optional contact forms for additional information on particular products and services. In addition, Users are required to submit personal information to HealthGrades when purchasing certain products on the Site.
Although most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, if you prefer, a User may decline the placement of a cookie on his or her hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of one's web browser software (if available) to delete the cookie. Users should understand, however, that certain areas within this Site may not function properly if the web browser will not accept cookies.
What about external web sites?
What does HealthGrades do to keep this Site secure?
HealthGrades has implemented a number of security features throughout the Site to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. For example, HealthGrades grants access to any stored personal information HealthGrades may collect on its Users only to authorized personnel. Moreover, when a User registers on-line or accesses his or her account information through this Site, HealthGrades offers the User the ability to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information a User inputs before it is sent to HealthGrades.
Please be advised, however, that although HealthGrades has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site for its Users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from HealthGrades via this Site or E-mail cannot be guaranteed. When disclosing any personal information, all Users should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without User consent. Accordingly, Users should consider carefully if they want to submit sensitive information that they would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that their use of the Internet and this Site is solely at their own risk. Users, alone, are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their personal information. HealthGrades has no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet. HealthGrades urges all of its Users to be careful and responsible whenever they are on-line.
Can I opt-out of HealthGrades' data collection and/or distribution?
As noted earlier, the collection, use, and distribution of personal data greatly assist HealthGrades in creating a more personalized, relevant, and intelligent service. Without the use of personal data, HealthGrades could not deliver its valuable content and services in the most beneficial way. Consequently, HealthGrades does ask for the submission of some personal data, although such submission is not required to use the Site.
Do I have the ability to access and correct my personal information?
At any time, a User may contact HealthGrades via e-mail to request: A summary of any personal information retained by HealthGrades on such User, A change to the User's personal data record maintained by HealthGrades, or Removal of the User's personal data record from HealthGrades' database. Users may send their requests to the following e-mail address, email@example.com. In the event HealthGrades receives such a request, HealthGrades may require the User to confirm or verify any change to the User's personal record.
What about the collection of personal information from children?
This Site is not primarily intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) ("children"). Accordingly, HealthGrades will not knowingly collect or post information from children without parental or guardian consent. Moreover, HealthGrades will not knowingly collect or use any personal data collected from children for any purpose whatsoever, including disclosure to any third party.
Does HealthGrades disclose personal information to third parties?
1. With respect to obtaining certain products and/or services from this Site, HealthGrades may request your permission to disclose to a third party certain registration information you have provided to HealthGrades ("Registration Information"). Where HealthGrades has obtained your permission, HealthGrades will disclose your Registration Information to such third party so that you do not have to enter your Registration Information more than once. HealthGrades may also disclose your Registration Information to certain third parties in connection with Third Party Programs as described below.
2. We may employ other third parties to perform services or functions on our behalf in order to improve our Site, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services, or to facilitate e-commerce transactions, including processing orders placed by credit card. Those third parties may include authorized contractors, consultants and other companies working with us (collectively, "agents"). They only have access to your information as needed to perform their functions, and they may not share any of your information with others or use it for any other purpose than providing or improving HealthGrades' services and offerings.
3. HealthGrades may be obligated to cooperate with various law enforcement inquiries. HealthGrades reserves the right to share or transfer your Registration Information or other information to comply with a legal requirement, disclose any activities or information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, determine necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, for the administration of justice, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
4. HealthGrades discloses personal information in aggregate form to third parties or advertisers, in a manner by which you will not be personally identifiable. For example, HealthGrades might tell an advertiser how many males between 20 and 30 years in age have visited the site over a period of time. What about information I enter into third party programs included in HealthGrades' Site?
What about information I enter into public forums included in HealthGrades' Site?
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center