Diagnostic Tests for Gastritis
Diagnostic Test list for Gastritis: The list of diagnostic tests mentioned in various sources as used in the diagnosis of Gastritis includes:
Tests and diagnosis discussion for Gastritis: Gastritis is diagnosed through one or more medical tests:
- Gastroscopy. The doctor eases a gastroscope, a thin tube containing a tiny camera, through your mouth and down into your stomach to look at the stomach lining. The doctor will check for inflammation and may remove a tiny sample of tissue for tests. This procedure to remove a tissue sample is called a biopsy.
- Blood test. The doctor may check your red blood cell count to see whether you have anemia, which means that you do not have enough red blood cells. Anemia can cause gastritis.
- Stool test. This test checks for the presence of blood in your stool, a sign of gastritis.
1. excerpt from Gastritis: NIDDK
Last revision: Oct 28, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center