Causes of Gynecomastia
Underlying condition causes of Gynecomastia: The list of possible underlying conditions (see also Misdiagnosis of underlying causes of Gynecomastia) mentioned in various sources as possible causes of Gynecomastia includes:
- Puberty - all adolescent males experience some male breast enlargment; it is often temporary.
- Aging - more common in older men as male hormones reduce.
- Obesity - may cause similar enlarged appearance.
- XXY males
- Liver disorders
- Liver disease
- Certain tumors
- Chronic kidney failure
- Breast cancer - can occur in males.
- Neurofibroma (type of Neuroma)
- Dermoid cyst
- See also causes of breast swelling
Gynecomastia as a symptom: Conditions listing Gynecomastia as a symptom may also be potential underlying causes of Gynecomastia. The list of conditions listing Gynecomastia as a symptom in our database includes:
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Progressive Spinobulbar muscular atrophy
Related information for causes of Gynecomastia:
Further relevant information on causes of Gynecomastia may be found
in the risk factors for Gynecomastia
and underlying causes of Gynecomastia.
Last revision: May 28,2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center