Medical Dictionary: MODY
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
MODY: Another name for MODY diabetes.
MODY (condition): Rare genetic form of diabetes with similar features to Type 2 diabetes.
MODY (condition): Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY) is a form of diabetes that is genetically inhereted. Whereas most types of diabetes only have genetic inheritance as a "risk factor", MODY is more strongly inherited. MODY is similar to Type II diabetes in its severity, leading to a form of insulin deficiency. Whereas typical Type 2 diabetics are over-forty and over-weight, a MODY patient is typically in teens or twenties and is thin.
More information on medical condition: MODY diabetes:
- Introduction: MODY diabetes
- Basic Summary for MODY diabetes
- Types of MODY diabetes
- Symptoms of MODY diabetes
- Complications of MODY diabetes
- Diagnostic Tests for MODY diabetes
- Misdiagnosis of MODY diabetes
- Treatments for MODY diabetes
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center