Medical Dictionary: MPS II
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
MPS II: Another name for Mucopolysaccharidosis II.
MPS II (condition): Disorder of mucopolysaccharide metabolism in juveniles.
MPS II: MPS II, also called Hunter syndrome, affects
juveniles and includes a mild and a severe form.
Signs of the severe form
are joint stiffness, mental deterioration, dwarfing, and progressive
deafness. Death usually occurs by age 15. Symptoms of the mild form
include short stature, limitation of motion, and features such as an
enlarged forehead, lips, and tongue and misaligned teeth.
More information on medical condition: Mucopolysaccharidosis II:
- Introduction: Mucopolysaccharidosis II
- Basic Summary for Mucopolysaccharidosis II
- Types of Mucopolysaccharidosis II
- Symptoms of Mucopolysaccharidosis II
- Treatments for Mucopolysaccharidosis II
1. excerpt from NINDS Mucopolysaccharidoses Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center