Medical Dictionary: Periodic Paralysis
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Periodic Paralysis: Another name for Periodic Paralyses.
Periodic Paralysis (condition): Short episodes of muscle weakness.
The periodic paralyses are inherited disorders of
voluntary muscle, characterized by intermittent attacks of weakness,
during which affected muscles become slack, weak, and unable to contract.
Between attacks, however, the affected muscles usually work normally.
More information on medical condition: Periodic Paralyses:
- Introduction: Periodic Paralyses
- Basic Summary for Periodic Paralyses
- Types of Periodic Paralyses
- Symptoms of Periodic Paralyses
1. excerpt from NINDS Periodic Paralyses Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center