Medical Dictionary: Thrush, vaginal
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Thrush, vaginal: Another name for Vaginal candidiasis.
Thrush, vaginal (condition): Fungal infection of the vagina, sometimes called thrush.
Thrush, vaginal: Candidiasis, also known as a "yeast infection"
or VVC, is a common fungal infection that occurs when there is
overgrowth of the fungus called Candida. Candida
is always present in the body in small amounts. However, when
an imbalance occurs, such as when the normal acidity of the vagina
changes or when hormonal balance changes, Candida can multiply.
When that happens, symptoms of candidiasis appear. 1
More information on medical condition: Vaginal candidiasis:
- Introduction: Vaginal candidiasis
- Basic Summary for Vaginal candidiasis
- Causes of Vaginal candidiasis
- Risk Factors for Vaginal candidiasis
- Symptoms of Vaginal candidiasis
- Complications of Vaginal candidiasis
- Misdiagnosis of Vaginal candidiasis
- Treatments for Vaginal candidiasis
1. excerpt from Genital Candidiasis: DBMD
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center