Treatments for Preeclampsia
Treatment list for Preeclampsia: The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Preeclampsia includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.
- Discuss anti-hypertension medications with your doctor - even if you were using them before pregnancy, they may not be appropriate for pregnant women.
- Avoid ACE inhibitors - possible fetal effects
- Avoid Angiotensin II (AII) receptor antagonists
- Bed rest - in mild cases
- Intravenous saline
- Magnesium sulphate
- Induced labor - once the condition is stable.
- Caesarian section - once the condition is stable.
- Normal delivery - some babies are born vaginally; in other cases caesarian is chosen.
Treatments of Preeclampsia discussion:
The only way to "cure"
preeclampsia is to deliver the baby.1
1. excerpt from High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy: NHLBI
Last revision: June 12, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center