Guilt: Excessive feelings of personal guilt
Detailed cause information for symptom: Guilt:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Guilt: anxiety (53), depression (47), weeping (17)
Guilt type of: Emotional symptoms (95)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Guilt: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Guilt as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Grief - common to feel guilt after a personal loss.
- Poor self esteem (see Self-esteem symptoms)
- Poor self-image
- Parenting - some level of guilt is common in parents (e.g. about spending enough time with children).
- Religious beliefs - the issue of guilt is central in various religions.
- Depressive disorders
- Acute stress disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Conditions listing symptoms: Guilt: The following list of conditions have 'Guilt' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center