Complications of Tuberculosis
|About complications: Complications of Tuberculosis are secondary conditions, symptoms, or other disorders that are caused by Tuberculosis. In many cases the distinction between symptoms of Tuberculosis and complications of Tuberculosis is unclear or arbitrary.|
Complications list for Tuberculosis: The list of complications that have been mentioned in various sources for Tuberculosis includes:
- Complications of lung infection:
- Infection of TB spreading - to other body sites.
- Miliary tuberculosis - multiple abscesses in various body parts.
- Spine TB (see Spine symptoms)
- Tuberculous meningitis
- Kidney TB (see Kidney symptoms)
- Kidney disease
- Lymph node infection
- Bone complications
- Joint complications
- Fallopian tube infection
- Bowel infection
- Addison's disease
- Death - high death rate of 40-60% if untreated.
Last revision: June 23, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center