Types of Tuberculosis
Types list: The list of types of Tuberculosis mentioned in various sources includes:
- Active TB - fully active TB disease
- Latent TB infections - an inactive form; also just called "TB infection"; about 10 to 15 million people in the United States
- Multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) - newer TB strains that are resistant to many drugs.
- Miliary tuberculosis - causing multiple abscesses in various body parts.
Last revision: June 23, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center