Introduction: Under-diagnosed conditions
Under-diagnosed conditions: Conditions that are often missed or overlooked.
Conditions list: The list of conditions in the Under-diagnosed conditions group includes:
- Silent conditions - various conditions with no symptoms or mild symptoms
- Diabetes - there are millions of people with diabetes and unaware of it.
- Type 2 Diabetes - most people with undiagnosed diabetes have Type 2 diabetes
- Whooping cough - a surprisingly common cause of persistent cough in adolescents and adults
- Hypertension - high blood pressure; a common condition that has insidious onset without early symptoms.
- Celiac disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Bipolar disorder - many cases are misdiagnosed as depression, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, or other diagnoses.
- High cholesterol
- Sexually transmitted diseases - Several types of STDs have no symptoms or mild symptoms in many patients.
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid disorders
- Infectious diarrhea - sudden diarrhea symptoms are often misdiagnosed as food poisoning when actually a virus is to blame.
- Fecal incontinence
- Lactose intolerance
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Flat feet
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - under-diagnosed in adults; over-diagnosed in children.
- Sleep disorders
- Asthma - under-diagnosed in some subgroups of people
- Von Willebrand disease - a less-known genetic bleeding disorder causing heavy periods in women
|Contents for Under-diagnosed conditions:|
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center