Treatments for Warts
Treatment list for Warts: The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Warts includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.
- No treatment - some warts are neither harmful nor embarrassing
- Watchful waiting - some warts disappear without treatment.
- Chemical cautery
- Laser surgery
- Over-the-counter wart treatments - although results are uncertain; your doctor usually has better options.
- Treatment of only some warts - it is common for other warts to disppear once a few are successfully treated.
Treatment of Warts: medical news summaries: The following medical news items are relevant to treatment of Warts:
Treatments of Warts discussion:
Warts are skin growths caused by viruses. They are
sometimes painful and, if untreated, may spread. Since
over-the-counter preparations rarely cure warts, see your doctor. A
doctor can apply medicines, burn or freeze the wart off, or take the
wart off with surgery.1
1. excerpt from Foot Care - Age Page - Health Information: NIA
Last revision: June 24, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center